Sunday, April 10, 2011

My parents come to visit

A few weeks ago I was talking to my dad, and learned that he now has all this free time on his hands (unfortunately/fortunately, we don't know which one it is). So I mentioned to him that he and mom should plan a trip to come down and visit us! My mom called me up a couple weeks later and asked if they could come during Lance's spring break. I said YES! It was perfect timing! So they hopped in the car after Sunday church conference and made their way towards the border. They arrived Monday afternoon after resting in Mesquite. It was so good to see their faces! And to receive and give hugs! You don't know how much you miss a hug from your parents and brother until you only get them twice a year.

Welcome to San Diego. I took my mom to Point Loma to see the cliffs. This is where Matt proposed to me. We hiked down to the edge of the cliffs enjoyed each other while we watched the sun set. My mom and I don't get very much alone time it was nice to be there with her.


Here's my mama in the bush. We were carefully climbing down a steep part of the hill going towards the cliffs, and my mom lost her footing, and tumbled into the bushes below! What a riot, we both were laughing so hard! And I made her stay in the bush until I got a picture. For the blog of course! She's so funny!

The first thing we did the next day was see all the cool planes and helicopters at the Aviation Museum off of Miramar Rd. I love going to museums, especially with my dad, he knows so much! It's like having your own tour guide!

We Can Do It!


Lance with his sweet shades. So cool.

Lance and I hit up the beach for a few hours while my mom and dad went to the San Diego Temple. It was such a beautiful day! I wish I would have brought my bathing suit. Especially after lance's drink, filled with RED fruit punch, tipped over and spilled on the blanket and my white cardigan! Geez louiz!! Don't worry it came out in the wash! Thank goodness!!

We drove up to Ramona to have dinner with Matt's family. We are so blessed to have two amazing families. I wish we lived closer so we could do this more often.

Brenna, goof ball!


The historic Mormon Battalion. In Old Town San Diego.






Gold mining. Mine, I panned it.

Old Town San Diego makes me wish I lived back then. These houses were incredible.


"Oh hello, why don't you come in to my nice huge mansion. Let me just get some tea and cake for you to snake on while we watch the kids play croquet."




Pizza for lunch. What more could we ask for. Mmmm


Next stop: USS Midway, the aircraft carrier.My mom doing morse code.
... - - - ...




We were a little tired from walking around all day long, so we real quick stopped by Balboa Park to snap a few photos and smell a few flowers. Oh, and watch a magic show.



The last day my parents were here I asked my mama if she and I could make the strawberry jam I love so much. She said, yes we can.



We made it. It was good.

While we made the jam, Matt and Lance put together our new BBQ.
Time flies when you're having fun. Shortly after we finished the jam and the BBQ was assembled we had to say bye bye to my family. I already miss them so much.

2 comments:

  1. I MISS YOUR FACE! I was laughing so hard at your comment above the old houses. Haha your hillarious. Im so glad you got to spend time with your parents, they are so sweet. I hope within a few months I can come visit you.
    Stay cool and have a fun summer!
    xoxo Lacie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What awesome pictures! Looks like you guys are always having fun!

    ReplyDelete