

After a night at a truck stop, we stopped by the Pawn Shop. It's a show on the History Channel. We love to watch it! Apparently they have never been closed, but when we got there, they were filming so they wouldn't let us in. We were sad, I was gonna try and pawn camille or my wedding ring, just to see if we could get on the show!
Matt's turn to nap while I drive!

And we finally made it, and this is what Matt and I woke up to, aren't we lucky....




Baby Beau showing me all her baby dolls. What a collectors eye.
Pretty princess girls.
Our whole family (minus Lance because I forgot to let him know, sorry Lance) all headed up to Hard Ware Ranch. It's a hot spot for elk research. I guess back in the day the elk would wander down to the farms and eat, causing trouble with the farmers. To solve the problem, researchers started feeding the elk at the top of Black Smith Fork Canyon. The elk learned that they no longer need to bring the whole herd down to the valley feast because they have plenty of food up at the ranch! Today they offer sleigh rides to see the elk. And the tour guide tells you all about the elk, their bodies, eating habits, family life, and other interesting facts. We had such a great time up there! But boy was it chilly willy!!















I'm not sure if you can see or not... so look very closely. Right in the center of this next picture are two white dots at the tip top of the tree... can you see them? Look closely, this was as far as my camera would zoom. But they are Bald Eagles! Dan spotted them from the road. I was so excited! I couldn't believe they were just sitting there, so close to us! Free as a bird.
On Friday night we got to spend the night with all my girl friends back home! Well not everyone but close. It's hard to get everyone together on a ten day trip. We had dinner at Megan and Nick's house and all the kids were there! I can't believe how fast my friends children are growing! Here's a few pictures of Lacie and Jory's twins. They are so beautiful. I actually forgot my camera the night we spent with them, I borrowed my dad's. So I have to get the pictures from him. 
Another night we all went out to the movie TRON. We met up at Melissa's house, I went up stairs to say good night to Beau and this is where I find her... she's gonna get a crick in her neck! So funny though!
Lance opening up his belated birthday gift from Camille and Matt. 
Sunday's always a big day at my parents' when all the family is close. We had a big yummy dinner, played games and just enjoyed being with each other. My mom is so wonderfully talented with children! She always has the best ideas for keeping busy! She started painting all their faces! And she does it so beautifully too!




Joli and Emmy Sue entertaining the boys while they get crazy in a game of RISK.




Of course we couldn't make the whole trip with out some sort of trouble with the motor home. This is on our way to say good bye to my dad at work. We stopped by, got out of the motor home and said bye to my pops. Just as we sat back in the motor home and Matt goes to put the gear in reverse... nothing. He can't get it out of park. The break release isn't working. Another fuse blew. One of many on this trip. Fortunately my dad's buddy was still at work and changed the fuse and gave us a few for the road. My dad waved good bye with his fingers crossed! Things like that just make for a better story!
Love all of these pics!!! The 'Pawn Shop' where Matt got shoed away! How rude!
ReplyDeleteThe pic of 'ninja beau' (first pic of beau) :)
And oh my gosh... hello does Ella bella look like you in the pic w/ you her & lou!!! How cute!!!
Miss you guys already soooo much. But it was soooo fun to have you around when u were. Love you!!!