Monday, June 28, 2010

Yellowstone!

What an amazing trip out to Yellowstone with my family! Not only does it start off with me making an incredibly impossible flight out to Salt Lake.... with the flight oversold by six people and me being the fifth person to get a seat! Sorry Matt, I know you were secretly wishing I'd miss the flight and have to take the later one, so we could hang out.

With a long drive ahead of us, Camille gets extra points for remembering we had a five year old with us, who happens to have an attention span of about 3.4 seconds, and brought a laptop to play DVD's on! Hooray! Elle did so good!




































We stopped by my Aunt Melanie's house late Thursday night to sleep over. She lives in Rigby Idaho. And it just so happens that one of my most favorite people in the world, lives just fifteen minutes up the road. ROBIN! So naturally she drives over at 10:30 at night to say hi! We stayed up super late just catching up. I haven't seen her since our wedding.

Once we got to Yellowstone, we set up camp. Camille would like to say that she did it herself... setting up the tent and all. But she did have the help of Dan, our brother in-law, and Lance our brother (both Eagle Scouts btw).

But we did take it down by ourselves!














Our first stop was a beautiful waterfall! (I guess I should have tucked Elle's hair behind her ear! Sorry Ella Bella).










































A few great animal sightings!










































Patiently waiting for Old Faithful to erupt! And my what a sight!



















































































Some hot sulfur spring/pool action.































This one was cute... Emmy asked me where Matt was, and I told her he has to drive a police car all weekend. :( So I told her to make a sad face because she missed her Uncle Matt. (Obviously Marsha did too from the looks of that lip!)














Once we got back to camp, Mom and Dad set to making dinner! It's not camping unless you have a dutch oven. Wait I mean, two dutch ovens! One for dinner and one for desert!

Dutch oven Lasagna.... with lots














and lots of cheese. Thanks Lance!


















And of course Cherry Cobbler for desert.... delicious!! Thanks Ella Bella for making it!




























Dad checking the yummy cobbler. Almost done!














After a stormy night... I wake up to breakfast in the rain!











Once we got going, somehow we got separated from my parents for almost the whole afternoon... bummer. But in their absence Marsh, Dan, Brody, Emmy, Camille and Me happened upon a mama grizzly bear and her two cubs! What are the chances!! So we decided not to look for my parents and stay and watch National Geographic unfold before our eyes! She was so close to us!



























After the bear we stopped by another huge waterfall!


































































Really?


















At the falls we ran into my parents! yeah! It sucks to get lost from each other... especially when there is no cell phone service to call and see where they are. How sad that we are so dependent on those mobile devices!














I offered to drive up with Mom and Dad, Lance and Elle to see if we could find the mama bear they missed! And sure enough, the little family hasn't had enough of the spectators! So we got to see them one more time! So awesome!!










































Lance got a little hungry on the way up... why not make a sandwich on your lap! Silly.


















We spent the last night in a cute little cabin on Yellowstone Lake.
























In the trees there is a Buck. If you can even see it. Maybe Matt should buy me a nice camera for no reason!
































On our way out of Yellowstone, we passed by the beautiful Tetons! Had a little lunch in Jackson Hole, then made out way south to finish the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment