I've been such a slacker when it comes to anything online lately. I
feel like life has been flying by, and for some reason I can justify
spending hours on my computer trying to update each online network I've
got. But needless to say I've got to! Especially for my lovely Utahans
back home that faithfully follow my blog; It's through the world wide
web that we see each other. Without further adieu here is the latest
update on our lives!
We were able to visit my family
back in Utah for the Thanksgiving holiday. Which was a much needed
vacation for both Matt and I. Spending an entire week there never seems
like enough. We are always running around trying to visit everyone! It seems like we always end up cutting short our time with loved ones in
order to spend a little time with other loved ones! Ahh, it gets a
little crazy! But all in all, it all works out one way or another! Here's a few Thanksgiving shots!
What a treat to spend a whole evening with some of my dearest friends! Their kids are growing oh so fast!
While we were out there, we had a baby shower for Miss E, and the only Saturday we could do it, just so happened to be... Evan's Birthday! So we treated him to a much needed 12 year old breakfast at Angies Diner. And boy was it delicious! Happy Birthday Ev!
For my shower, my sister Marsha did what's called "A Mothers Blessing." A celebration on becoming a mother. She had each guest bring a bead that symbolized me, and had them explain their thoughts on the symbolism. It was so moving and incredibly beautiful as I listened to what each person had to say. Then she asked each guest to offer any advice as they placed their bead onto a string. In the end, the beads made a necklace. The necklace was to represent each individual, their love and support. Now I get to have it/them here with me while they are in Utah and I'm in California. So awesome! What a great idea for a shower!






No comments:
Post a Comment