Thursday, June 16, 2011

Our friends Jacie and Lory, Ya!

You know when you are writing a paper, a letter or even a text message, your brain thinks quicker than your fingers write. That's why it's always crucial to re-read what you wrote because sometimes you skip a word and it ends up sounding something like "lets meet up for dinner then later chess to kill." That sounds weird! Correction, after re-reading, "lets meet up for dinner then later play chess to kill time." Now that sounds much more appropriate! With that said, let me introduce you to Lory and Jacie... excuse me, what I meant to say was Jory and Lacie, my dear friends. I don't know what it is, but I cant seem to call them by their right name, I must have called them Jacie and Lory 4 or 5 times! Even Matt one time asked, when does Lory and Jacie fly in? It's pretty bad. I guess I dont feel that bad, because after I called Lacie, Jacie... she laughed and said she has friends that she always mixes their names. Thanks Lace, I feel much better!

Starting off the vaca with a bang! Padres game and we won!! I wanted to surprise Jor and Lace with a little San Diego souvenir, so I went to Target and got them Padres baseball caps! Apparently one does not buy "baseball" hats at Target. I guess they are... what did he say, cheap! How was I supposed to know Jory!! (jerk)
After the Padres game, we drove over to Coronado and had dinner at a delicious Mexican restaurant.
While we were eating Matt gets the "dear in the headlights look" and says to me... I forgot to turn off the water. (in our garden) We quickly finished our dinner and headed home. This is what we found when we got home. Time to put a timer on!!
The next day Jory and Lacie went to the Temple while Matt and I tried to ready the kayaks so we could kayak in the La Jolla shores. But we failed at the task. We didn't have any racks for them to sit on top of our truck and when we went to buy them we bought the wrong ones... blah blah blah... in the end we decided to bag the kayak idea and just bum at the beach. Which is what we wanted to do anyway!
Once the sun started to fade, we hopped on bikes and rode around Mission Beach. It was really lovely. I love to ride bikes.
Belmont Park is a little "mini fair" right on the boardwalk of Mission Beach. We stopped to check it out at the end of our bike ride. Only the brave (Lacie and I) road some rides!
Our dinner after a long day! Yum!
Day three, boating. Nolan and the kids came along as we loaded up the boat for some wake boarding and attempted knee boarding! It's so relaxing to be out on the water, especially when you have such great company!
Friday nights are filled with our softball games! Matt's work has a team "The Chupacabras" (spanish meaning chupar "to suck" andcabra "goat" so literally meaning "goat sucker"). Apparently this is some sort of mythical character that eats goats! Yikes!! It wasn't me who chose it!

A little Dave and Busters post game. I think we were all so tired, but we had a good time! Plus we all learned that Jory should have entered jump rope competitions in elementary school instead of baseball. He would have dominated! His parents would have been so proud. Oh well.
So Saturday night, the last night they were here, Matt gets a text from the Rice family, really good friends, saying they are in Anaheim for a graduation party and would love it if he could come stop by. We decided it was a must, because they are living in Kentucky right now, so we packed up and drove up there. We thought it would be fun for Jory and Lace to check out Downtown Disney while we said hello to the Rice family, so we dropped them off. It was really nice seeing the Rice's and spending a few hours with them. Afterwards we met back up with Lace and Jory, then decided that we'd had enough fun at Downtown Disney and we're hungry and need to find somewhere to eat!

We found this spot Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. and it was Two Thumbs Up!

I was so excited that Jory planned their trip for 5 days! But, in the end it was still too short and I miss them already. But soon I will be in Utah visiting!! Thanks for coming to visit guys!
Mi casa es su casa!

No comments:

Post a Comment