So, Lance DID make it out to visit us for 2 weeks! We had so much fun with him here!! As soon as he flew in we headed straight for the lake to test out our new boat!! What a treat to have Matt's family and a portion of mine! Lance was a champ on the wake board!





I practiced my driving skills atop water... it's a lot harder than you think! I wasn't very good, but at least we were just cruising at this point. No one was being pulled behind me!

The next day Matt had Neil come over and detail the boat. Lance had a good time helping out!



We tried to go to the beach several times but each time the sun was being stubborn and never wanted to show it's face! So we ditched the beach and drove around showing Lance the different site here in San Diego. First we walked down town around the pier and saw all the cool ships and submarines they have on display.
Then we stopped by the beautiful San Diego Temple. Even in the cloudy clouds it was still a sight to see! And of course we pulled up and there was a wedding. They all looked so beautiful!
So, while the sun wasn't shining Matt and his buddies decided that spear fishing would be something fun and exciting for Lance to try! But I think it was harder than they expected! So they attempted to spear fish while trying to stay afloat with weight belts around their waist! Then to top everything off Matt and Lance almost got fined because they didn't have a fishing license! Come on you guys, are you serious! They were just bobbing around with sticks in their hands... no one and nothing was hurt!






Lance had a little trouble getting out there! It looked difficult. Those waves are a little crazy!!



We finally found a day to spend in the sun at the beach, so we brought along Dundee.... He's getting real good at catching his frisbee! We might just enroll him in some sort of contest!


After a couple of crappy cloudy days the sun finally decided to grace us with it's presence, and for the rest of Lance's trip it stayed pretty sunny!






Hi-Ya!
While Nolan takes Lance out for another surfing lesson!

Making some progress. Brett's hard at work... I don't know what Matt's doin'!
Taking a break from surfing to jump some waves!

And the finished product... Brett shows us how to make a sand slide!
Step 1.
Step 2.
We made it to the Midway down at the San Diego Harbor.

And of course we couldn't pass up the famous San Diego Zoo! And my was it hot that day!!


































YAY! An update! Did you know that Settlers is actually a really fun game??! You should join in next time. And come visit me in Washington. Woot Woot!
ReplyDeleteJeannine I love your blog, however, everytime I read it I get teary eyed (i'm so not kidding that is how much I miss my bestie)! I love your new boat I'm so out of the loop I didn't even know you guys got one. Yay. Jory and I need to plan a vacation there next year - with no kids cause I want to go on all the fast rides at disneyland hahah. love ya
ReplyDelete